moddep *** unresolved symbol

Dear fellows,

I'am an happy Debian user for 6 mounts (not a long
time really!). In this period I installed several
linux-debian systems. I also made the "kernel build"
from sources due to specific hardware. I used a lot
the package make-kpkg so I was able to compile the
kernel on a development machine (my desktop...) and
transfert it on a target machine. All this was nice
and waorke fine...till few days ago!!! Now I get
problems compiling kernel 2.4.22-3 (from Debian
source).
I did, as usual,

make clean
make menuconfig
make-kpkg clean
make-kpkg kernel-image

getting a .deb file.
When I unpack it (using dpkg -i...)  I getting lots of
messages like "depmod unresolved symbol ...." of
course the boot with that kernel was a tragedy.  The
msystem ware I build the sources is a Debian woody.  I
tried to change gcc version I used both 3.2 as 2.95
getting the same result! The target system, is a
RAID-LVM system  running a 2.4.18bf24 kernel (debian
woody). So maybe something is wrong on the target. Or
may my desktop is getting crazy?! I read the list
archives searching for  "unresolved symbol". I
understand that it not so easy to find out the real
cause.... Could anyone give my any  help?

Thanks

Gianpaolo

Yahoo! Mail: 6MB di spazio gratuito, 30MB per i tuoi allegati, l'antivirus, il filtro Anti-spam
http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.mail.yahoo.com/