Re: openGL cannot do fullscreen in dual monitor config

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 08:44:11PM -0800, Erik Steffl wrote:
>   just tried dual monitors with two card (geForce FX 5600 Ultra, nvidia
> drivers and ATI Radeon 9800, ati drivers), debian unstable, X 4.2.1:

<description of variations of dual condifgurations deleted>

The important thing... are you using dual-head, or are you using Xinerama?
If you're using dual-head, you should have full OGL acceleration on both
heads, subject to whatever their respective driver(s) provide or don't
provide.

If, on the other hand, you're using Xinerama or something that fakes X into
*thinking* it has Xinerama (nVidia's TwinView does this, I dunno what ATi
does), then you only get accelerated OGL on the primary head.  Effects on
the second head vary from simply being unaccelerated, to windows that
render properly on the primary head being empty black rectangles on the
second head.

--
 Marc Wilson |     Neil Armstrong tripped.
 msw@cox.net |