Re: MTA help

Hi Alan,
On Tuesday 11 November 2003 13:57, Alan Chandler wrote:
> On Monday 10 November 2003 23:07, Eric Walstad wrote:
> > I'm wanting to setup a Debian box that'll suck down pop email from
> > an ISP for a few local users and then serve those email up via pop3
> > or imap on the LAN.  Following some advice I received on this list,
> > I installed fetchmail, courier-imap, courier-pop and exim4.  I then
> > found that exim4 and courier like different mailbox formats.
>
> These work well together - I have done it.  Exim4 DOES have the
> ability to deliver to to Maildirs - thats what I do.
>
> I can't tell you how to edit the complicated new way of dealing with
> the configuration - I gave up an made one big config file.
I gave up because I didn't know it *could* be set up with one file.  I
can understand that breaking it up into multiple files can be nice for
complex configurations, but it would've been better for me if it was
one file.  How did you learn about combining the config files?  I
didn't find that info in my search.

> However
> this is the transport that delivers to the maildir from my config
>
> local_delivery:
>   driver = appendfile
>   directory = /home/${lc:$local_part}/Maildir
>   envelope_to_add
>   group = mail
>   maildir_format
>   message_prefix = ""
>   mode = 0660
>   no_mode_fail_narrower
>   return_path_add
[...]
> Here is my /etc/fetchmailrc
> file (passwords removed - note also that normal mail for me comes
> directly and not via that route, so the timings (1 hour and 4 hours)
> are very slow compared to normal)
>
> #       $Id: fetchmailrc,v 1.1 2002/11/11 19:16:22 alan Exp $
> #       Created by AKC 14th July 2000
[...]
That was a helpful example.

Thanks for your input.