Re: preventing a USB device from being taken by the HID driver

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 02:06:40PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> Not really Debian related, but there should be a Debian way to solve
> this... I have a USB device that I want to access as a raw USB
> device. However, it is a HID device, and thus claimed by the HID
> driver upon plugin (thanks to hotplug). What's the best/most elegant
> way to prevent the HID driver from claiming this device?

Find out the vendor id / product id pair (check dmesg or
/proc/bus/usb/devices if it exists) and make sure that you comment out
lines which reference them to a driver in /etc/hotplug/usb.* (I believe)

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/