Re: preventing a USB device from being taken by the HID driver

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 07:06, martin f krafft wrote:
> Not really Debian related, but there should be a Debian way to solve
> this... I have a USB device that I want to access as a raw USB
> device. However, it is a HID device, and thus claimed by the HID
> driver upon plugin (thanks to hotplug). What's the best/most elegant
> way to prevent the HID driver from claiming this device?

Deinstall hotplug and rmmod the HID driver?

Kinda drastic, though...

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"Oh, great altar of passive entertainment, bestow upon me thy
discordant images at such speed as to render linear thought
impossible"
Calvin, regarding TV