Re: mplayer, ogle, unable to play DVD

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Roberto Sanchez wrote:

> Sudarshana N Koushik wrote:
> > Hi ppl,
> >    I have one CDR/W drive and one DVD drive. cdrecord -scanbus displays
> > the foll.
> > scsibus0:
> >         0,0,0     0) 'LITE-ON ' 'LTR-32123S      ' 'XS0R' Removable CD-ROM
> >         0,1,0     1) '  ATAPI ' '12X DVD-ROM     ' '1.7B' Removable CD-ROM
> > I also have append="hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi" in /etc/lilo.conf
> > (hdc=CDRW, hdd=DVD), and am loading the foll modules
[....]

> What are the user/group persmissions?  Are you a member of the group
> that owns the device (/dev/scd1)?

Adding myself to the group or removing, doesnt make any difference. Same
with removing the append=hdd=ide-scsi line from lilo.conf. even root
cannot mount the DVD!!
it just says....cdrom open failed. no medim found in /dev/dvd
even while i have a valid dvd in there which i know plays beautifully on
my friends mac.