need advice on default font size in X app menus

oops - after an upgrade to Xfree86 where I wasn't paying enough attention to the prompts telling me which config files were going to be overwritten I have a problem. The font of the menus in many X windows applications such as openoffice, mozilla browser ect. are too large and clumsy to work with. I've been looking through the X man page and .xsession Xresources ect.. and can't find where this is controlled.  The first font path in my XF86Config file is for the 100dpi font. I don't want to change my screen resolution.

Appreciate any help here.

Thanks mike

--
Michael Moyles          mmoyles@immunochem.com