Re: Configuring AC97 sound

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 22:41, Lynn W. wrote:

> Various Google searches suggest installing modules ac97_codec.o, sound
> and soundcore, but I have no idea where to find these or how to install
> these (they do not seem to be on the first Debian Woody CD and not in
> apt-get).

At the risk of annoying you terribly...
You are aware of the concept of loadable kernel modules, aren't you?

If not, try 'modprobe ac97_codec' for a quick fix, and have a good look
the manpages of the commands: modpobe, insmod, lsmod, and rmmod. Though
this might be far more technical and in-depth than you can bear right
now, but I'm not competent enough myself to give lectures on that topic.

cu,
Schnobs