Re: [ssh] KeepAlive

On 2003-11-10 13:24:28 -0800, Mark Ferlatte wrote:
> Have you looking into ClientAliveInterval? ssh v2 has a built-in
> keepalive mechanism that dodges some of the problems with regular
> TCP keepalive, and you probably need to disable both of them to get
> what you want.

This option doesn't exist. Perhaps you meant ProtocolKeepAlives, but:

  ProtocolKeepAlives
    Specifies the interval in seconds at which IGNORE packets will be
    sent to the server during idle periods.  Use this option in
    scripts to detect when the network fails.  The argument must be
    an integer.  The default is 0 (disabled), or 300 if the BatchMode
    option is set.

says that the default is 0. I added a

ProtocolKeepAlives 0

to my .ssh/config, but this didn't change anything.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International