Re: kernel image install error

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 15:59, Chris Knoblock wrote:
> --- Greg Folkert <greg@gregfolkert.net> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 13:46, Chris Knoblock wrote:
> > > hi all, wondering if anyone can help me with this
> > one.
> > > running unstable and trying to install
> > > kernel-image-2.4.22-1-686 is giving me an error
> > >
> > > ldd: /lib/ld.linux.so.2 exited with unknown exit
> > code
> > > (139)
> > >
> > > Failed to create initrd image.
> > >
> > > can anyone help with this?
> >
> > Do you have cramfs installed? (among the other
> > things the kernel install
> > warned you about).
> >
> > Those warning are there for a reason... and should
> > not be ignored.
> cramfsprogs is already installed. no other warnings
> except for editing the lilo.conf for initrd.

and it breaks the flow of the converstion.
please don't top-post it is very annoying,
On the subject of top-posting:

Here goes with the needed packages besides:
kernel-package

  * initrd-tools (>= 0.1.48)
  * cramfsprogs (>=1.1)
  * debianutils (>=2.5 I think)
  * coreutils or filutils (>=4.0)
  * modutils (>=2.4.19)

Hope this helps out. Also you might want to re-run ldconfig.

Oh, one other thing:

Make sure /etc/mkinitrd/mkinitrd.conf is proper.

--
greg@gregfolkert.net