Re: kernel image install error

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 12:46, Chris Knoblock wrote:
> hi all, wondering if anyone can help me with this one.
> running unstable and trying to install
> kernel-image-2.4.22-1-686 is giving me an error
>
> ldd: /lib/ld.linux.so.2 exited with unknown exit code
> (139)
>
> Failed to create initrd image.
>
> can anyone help with this?

Can you show us the whole command, with all messages?  Preferably
using:
# apt-get -u install kernel-image-2.4.22-1-686

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

YODA: Code! Yes. A programmer's strength flows from code
maintainability. But beware of Perl. Terse syntax... more than
one way to do it...default variables. The dark side of code
maintainability are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you
when code you write. If once you start down the dark path,
forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.