Re: Using an IDE CD-writer via scsi emulation

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003, Otto Wyss wrote:

> I knew I could read and write CD's on my system but I lost it during my
> upgrades about a year ago. I remember when I switched the system I
> couldn't write CD and I had documented the "hdd=ide-scsi". But after
> changeing lilo.conf I can't read CD's anymore. So I looked into the
> CD-Writing-Howto but it didn't help.
>
> When I try to mount a CD it complains scd0 isn't a block device. And it
> neither works with the old link of cdrom->hdd. I also remember the
> solution I had before didn't need to change the link I always used
> cdrom->hdd.

if it worked before... it should still work, after all your upgrades
( but upgrade of what??? - the mb ?? the kernel ?? the deb distro ??
( or even worst, different cdrw drive ??

check your kernel options ( make sure its enabled in the kernel or loaded
as modules )

	http://www.linux-1u.net/CDRW/

c ya
alvin