Re: Java on linux

"Hoai Nguyen" <nguyen_hoai@hotmail.com> writes:

> for linux that handles mount and umount cdrom.</DIV>

Please set your mailer to send in plain text only, no HTML, and wrap
lines at 72 columns...

...but if I needed to do this, I'd use Runtime.exec() to shell out to
the normal Unix 'mount' and 'umount' commands.  Which is starting to
require special permissions (either root permissions or 'user' mount
permission on the device in /etc/fstab), and you need to know the path
anyways.  What are you really doing, and why are you doing it in Java?

	-- Abra Mitchell