RE: apache-ssl or libapache-mod-ssl ?

> I thought I might want to install webmin to administer the server, but

> since webmin is web based, I realised I should perhaps have SSL
installed
> for Apache.

Hello Lynn:

Webmin runs its won SSL enabled connection (with its own signed
certificate) once you install it, so there is no need for you to install
SSL separately. However, if you do want to run SSL for other purposes
aside than Webmin, than yes you are correct, you do need something else.
I have pretty much the same set up that you have mentioned below on my
computer and I am using libapache-mod-ssl, it was very easy to configure
it and it has not given me any problems at all. Hope that helps!

Francisco