Re: [OT] routing failed

On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 08:51:46AM +0800, csj wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 at 01:24:17 +0100,
> David Jardine wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 10:30:00AM +0800, csj wrote:
> > > I'm using exim 3.36.  When sending mail to one mailing list (most
> > > obviously *not* Debian because you're reading this post) I get
> > > the following error:
> > >
> > > 2003-11-07 09:54:55 routing failed for csj@localhost.invalid:
> > > unrouteable mail domain "localhost.invalid"
> > > *** Frozen (delivery error message)
> > >
> > > I know localhost.invalid is, well, invalid.  But I don't know
> > > what else to put down as my local domain.  I'm using as many as
> > > five different dialup ISPs to send mail and using Exim's direct
> > > delivery option seems far more convenient than reconfiguring exim
> > > each time I connect to a different ISP (which happens as many as
> > > three times a day).
> >
> > In /etc/exim/exim.conf you need the line:
> >
> > local_domains = localhost:my_machine
> >
> > where my_machine is the name you've given it.
>
> Well it's set up exaclty like that.  Again the problem is with
> one particular mailing list (mplayer).  I want to know what
> spam-prevention (or otherwise) tricks that ML is doing that I
> can't get the mail out.  The Debian lists appear happy to accept
> my "broken" setup (as amply demonstrated by this post).
>
> Since I first got connected just three or four years ago, the Net
> it seems has become a more and more paraonid place.

Indeed.  But not without justification.  There are some funny
goings-on out there.  Why are your messages - only yours -
scrutinized by "master" before being passed on to "murphy"?
And why does master put adair's name in parenthesis as if he
didn't believe he really existed?  And who is adair?  And why
does he call you localhost.invalid?  Funny goings-on indeed...

--
David Jardine

"Running Debian GNU/Linux and
loving every minute of it." -Sacher M.