Re: pg database hosed in update - help!

On Saturday 08 November 2003 00:03, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 11:48:28PM +0100, Richard Lyons wrote:
> > Stopping and restarting the postmaster
> > /var/lib/postgres/dumpall/7.3/postmaster -D /var/lib/postgres/data  -p
> > 5431 -o -d0
> > /var/lib/postgres/dumpall/7.3/postmaster: error while loading shared
> > libraries: libkrb5.so.17: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> > directory
> > Failed to start the postmaster
>
> Looks like you need to install the libkrb5-17-heimdal package. (Not sure
> why it's looking for that rather than libkrb5.so.3, which is in libkrb53
> and upon which postgresql depends ...)

Oh, thanks.  So it may not be so serious.  I was worried when I found that the
locations the error message gave for old data and preserved data were both
empty...

I'll give it a try.

<later> No problem apt-getting the  libkrb5-17-heimdal package.  I cannot log
on to it 'FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host 192.168.x.y user foo database
bar' and 'FATAL: IDENT authentication failed for user "somebody"',  but I
suppose that may be just a matter of rtfm to try once again to get my head
round these aspects.  Every time I sort them out it seems semi-intelligible,
but months later when I break something again, I've entirely forgotten how
they work...

--
richard