Re: AAC software hardware

 On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 05:50:16PM -0200, Jim & Marta McNulty wrote:
< > Seeking eye-driven control over all Linux software including any AAC
< > software that can run on a Linux machine. This allows users to
speak,
< > write e-mail, surf the internet, create documents, or play games
through
< > eye movement alone. No keyboard or mouse is needed.

< Ron wrote    Have you Googled?

I've found in Google only MSWindows eye-driven control systems.    I
found  UR-98 is an XFree86 input driver for the Union Reality UR-F98
headtracker but could not find the headtracker.

< Frank wrote    I recently came across dasher
(http://www.inference.phy.cam.ac.uk/dasher/)
< I'm pretty certain it does not do everything you need, but the website
< might at least contain some more pointers.
< dasher is packaged in debian, but only in testing/unstable.

I'm using Dasher to write this, wonderful software since I lost ability
to type.

Still need leads on hands - free mouse for Debian. I will soon be fully
quadriplegic due to ALS.
Thanks - Jim in Br.