Re: icewm problems - Mostly Solved

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 04:41:00PM -0500, Thomas H. George wrote:
> After a recent massive testing dist-upgrade (128 upgraded, 8 newly
> installed and 60 removed) I have had problems getting icewm to work as
> it used to.  The 60 packages that were removed are almost all kde
> packages and one of the 8 newly installed was kdelibs-data.  After the
> upgrade kdm was gone although it was not listed among the 60 packages
> which were removed.  gdm allowed a log-in and then aborted.

<snip>

> Tom George

The customizing files for icewm - i.e. keys, menu, preferences, toolbar,
etc - have been modified and the old ones which I had in my home
directory no longer work properly.  I copied the new ones from
/etc/X11/icewm to my home directory and edited them.  Now everything
I have tried works except help.  Clicking on help opens a window headed
/usr/share/doc/icewm-common/html/icewm.html but the window contains
nothing but bullets.  This is only a mild inconvenience because Mozilla
can open this html file properly.

Tom