NForce audio chipset, alsa and dmix

I use an nforce2 based motherboard and use the audio chipset included in.
I use it with snd_intel8x0 (alsa driver) and it works well, except a very usefull feature : mixing of multiple stream
I would like to know how to get software mixing working ?
I don't want to use program such as arts or esound.
I would like to use dmix, but I don't succeed in making it working.
I try with this following doc, but it doesn't work :
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/asoundrc.php3
I try :
	aplay -D hw:0,0 test.wav
it doesn't work
while
	aplay -D default test.wav
works. Maybe there is a configuration problem with the alsa debian package, isn't there ?

I need help a lot because no mixing is very annoying on a desktop system :/

Thanks in advance ;)