Re: Testing system from stable install

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 03:19:34PM +0000, Tim Milstead wrote:
> Thanks for the advice I'll give it ago tonight.
>
> It looks like you are assuming I'm not installing the base with a 2.4
> kernel e.g. bf2.4. Is it okay to do so (and still upgrade it)?
>
> After I cahnge to testing will I have to stay in testing or can I get
> packages from anywhere e.g. stable or other sites?

Once you go to testing, you will most likely want to stay there...

That being said, you can install packages from stable (some packages are easier than
others), and other sources, but they will have to be integrated with testing.

You'll probably end up waiting for some package from unstable to make it in
once all of the dependancies are satisfied for all 10 archatectures debian
supports.

Mike