Re: woody/sarge on Barton MoBo? kt600 and/or which nvidia

Kent West wrote:
Retraction/Correction/Apology

(Hopefully this will get posted before others on the list "correct" me in my errors.)

Kent West wrote:

In short, I came to despise nvidia, first for not releasing their [driver code/chipset specs] so that the Linux folks who know what they're doing could package it into Debian (or the kernel, as appropriate)

After writing that in my anger/frustration and before I had fully awakened, and then posting it like the idiot I am, I started getting ready for my day and while in the shower realized "Duh! If I can download the source for the driver, that means that nvidia _has_ released the [driver code/chipset specs]!"

So my apologies to nvidia, and to any I've offended, and I hereby retract/correct my statement that nvidia has not released their driver code.

If you are referring the sound AGPGART then yes.  However, the ethernet
uses a binary-only library with a partial source that is just interface
code for the kernel.

-Roberto