ISO image kernel replace

Title: Message
Hi all,

I downloaded an ISO-install-image for the hppa-architecture.
Now i have the problem, that the kernel in this image is the 2.4.17 an does net yet support
USB. But my workstation has only USB-connectors.
There is an other image already with a kernel, that supports the usb but does not yet have
any X-server related files in it.

Now i wanna know, if it is possible to merge both iso images. SO, that my one iso image
with all the packages gets the new kernel.

I tried already to use WinIso: deleted all kernel files and then copy the new kernel files
to the image. But when trying to boot from the cd, i receive an error telling me that this
cd is not bootable.

Anybody knows how to do this, to make a cd bootable?

Kind Regards,

Philipp