Problem in installing nvidia driver

Hi,

I am trying to install the nvidia driver for my geforce 2 mx 400 display
card. I have read the mailing lists here about the installation problem
others have encountered. But when I download it and run, I cannot
install it correctly. I have added the path of my kernel-headers file,
but it still cannot run it. Here is my /var/log/nvidia-installer.log

> [...]
> creation time: Thu Nov 6 16:08:46 2003
>
> option status:
> license pre-accepted : false
> update : false
> force update : false
> expert : false
> uninstall : false
> driver info : false
> no precompiled interface: false
> no ncurses color : false
> query latest driver ver : false
> OpenGL header files : false
> no questions : false
> silent : false
> XFree86 install prefix : /usr/X11R6
> OpenGL install prefix : /usr
> Installer install prefix: /usr
> kernel include path : /usr/src/kernel-headers-2.4.20-3-k7/include
> kernel install path : (not specified)
> proc mount point : /proc
> ui : (not specified)
> tmpdir : /tmp
> ftp site : ftp://download.nvidia.com
>
> Using: nvidia-installer ncurses user interface
> -> License accepted.
> -> No precompiled kernel interface was found to match your kernel;
> would you li
> ke the installer to attempt to download a kernel interface for your
> kernel f
> rom the NVIDIA ftp site (ftp://download.nvidia.com)? (Answer: Yes)
> -> No matching precompiled kernel interface was found on the NVIDIA
> ftp site;
> this means that the installer will need to compile a kernel interface for
> your kernel.
> -> Using the kernel include path
> '/usr/src/kernel-headers-2.4.20-3-k7/include'
> as specified by the '--kernel-include-dir' commandline option.
> -> Kernel include path: '/usr/src/kernel-headers-2.4.20-3-k7/include'
> -> Cleaning kernel module build directory.
> executing: 'cd ./usr/src/nv; make clean'...
> rm -f nv.o os-agp.o os-interface.o os-registry.o nv-linux.o
> nv_compiler.h *
> .d NVdriver nvidia.o
> -> Building kernel module:
> executing: 'cd ./usr/src/nv; make nvidia.o
> SYSINCLUDE=/usr/src/kernel-header
> s-2.4.20-3-k7/include'...
>
> You appear to be compiling the NVIDIA kernel module with
> a compiler different from the one that was used to compile
> the running kernel. This may be perfectly fine, but there
> are cases where this can lead to unexpected behaviour and
> system crashes.
>
> If you know what you are doing and want to override this
> check, you can do so by setting IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH.
>
> In any other case, set the CC environment variable to the
> name of the compiler that was used to compile the kernel.
>
> *** Failed cc sanity check. Bailing out! ***
> make: *** [gcc-check] Error 1
> -> Error.
> ERROR: Unable to build the NVIDIA kernel module.
> ERROR: Installation has failed. Please see the file
> '/var/log/nvidia-installer.log' for details. You may find suggestions
> on fixing installation problems in the README available on the Linux

I do not know what wrong with the my command.

> sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run
> --kernel-include-path=/usr/src/kernel-headers-$(uname -r)/include

Regards,
James NG