i810_audio.o

To get sound out of my machine, I need three modules: sound.o, ac97_codec.o, and i810_audio.o. I know this because I see all 3 running under Knoppix, and it produces sound. With my own kernel, I come up with sound.o installed. I must install ac97_codec.o next or I get complaints about unresolved symbols. But when I try to insmod i810_audio, I get the complaint

i810_audio.o: init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters

What am I doing wrong?