Re: how to extract attachments from an email?

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 09:44, Adam Galant wrote:
> > > I need a script to extract all attachments from emails and do an action an
> > > each of them (scp to a different machine). How to do this?
> >
> > As they are passing through the MTA, or are they statically sitting
> > somewhere?
>
> Yes, messages come directly from MTA. I know procmail is my friend here
> ;-) but I still don't know how to handle attachments here. A quick recipee
> will be of great help.

mimedefang may do what you want.  Unfortunately, it may only work
with Sendmail.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"Object-oriented programming is an exceptionally bad idea which
could only have originated in California."
Edsger Dijkstra