Re: Problem unravaling mixed system

[Please don't cc me; I read the list. Thanks.]

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 02:36:10PM +0000, Ben Edwards wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 14:23, Colin Watson wrote:
> > bash should be OK; try a different terminal. xterm and pterm should both
> > work.
>
> Tried xterm.  I think there is a serous problem with doc-linux-text &
> dependencies but dont know what to try.

No, there is no such problem. (I'm the former maintainer of
doc-linux-text, now part of the maintainer team.) doc-linux-text is far
too simple for this kind of thing to be its fault.

I'd suggest getting an strace of 'dpkg -i
doc-linux-text_whateverversion_all.deb'. Also, you could try at a
console, out of X entirely.

Cheers,