Re: GUI login screen.

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 03:51:35PM -0600, Hoyt Bailey said

You can almost certainly reconfigure GDM to allow you to do this, but
it's still a REALLY silly idea.  Using sudo is a good habit to get into,
and it WILL save your arse at some point.

From my /etc/sudoers:

rob     ALL=(ALL) ALL

I can run anything as any user, and will only be prompted for my *user*
password after 15 minutes or whatever the timeout is.  I run everything
as a normal user, and use "sudo programname" for the occasional programs
which require root priveleges.  Don't forget to use "visudo" to edit
that file, not a regular text file.

Interesting fact: now that I have sudo setup, I haven't logged into this
machine as root in *months*.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:      Juiliett Class Submarine bce SSL Fidel Castro Subversion