Help with bsign

I've installed bsign and read the included (minimal) docs. Have tried a few experiments. Have googled for any other info with virtually no success.

I'm looking for any practical "recipes" for using this as a file integrity verification tool in support of intrusion detection (a la tripwire).

I've had a few problems customizing the scripts to work properly, and have a few general concerns about how to use bsign in an operational environment.

If you're willing and able to offer some advice in these areas, please reply and I'll formulate some more specific questions.

Thanks in advance.
john