Re: linux-kernel-headers foul-up

Ok, maybe I'm REALLY missing the signal in all the noise, but whyinhell are
people having a problem with this?

If an application needs kernel headers, whyinhell isn't it USING them?
That, after all, is why you put a kernel source tree in place on your
system.  Any number of packages depend on having one or another
kernel-headers package installed.

I build lm-sensors, it uses the kernel headers.  I build nVidia drivers, it
uses the kernel headers.  NOT whatever headers glibc might have installed
on the box.

Any application that expects to be able to use glibc headers and gain
access to kernel structures is fundamentally broken, isn't it?

The glibc headers are for gaining access to *glibc* structures.  They have
to match *glibc*.

Isn't all this noise a holdover from the mistaken idea that you were
supposed to have your includes directory symlinked into your kernel source
tree?

--
 Marc Wilson |      *** System shutdown message from root ***
 msw@cox.net |     System going down in 60 seconds