Re: galeon 1.3.x fuckwittedness -- 1.2.5 fork, anyone?

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 11:52:17 +0000,
Karsten M. Self wrote:

[...]

> A large part of the problem was that Galeon's former lead
> developer, Marco Presenti Gritti drifted from "a browser for
> power users" to "a browser for the masses".  One of the best
> things to happen to Galeon was that it's been kicked from GNOME
> by Epiphany, Havoc Pennington's latest folly.

Are you accusing the masses of being stupid ;-?  I sometimes find
it difficult to decide between KDE's byzantine poweruserness and
Gnome's underwhelming elegance.  Sure, it's probably easier to
code around Gnome's limitations.  But for those whose coding
ability is limited to hacking makefiles it would be a long wait
for a similarly frustrated power coder.

Example of what I find wrong with Epiphany:  No way to embed
links inside folders.