Re: X that supports rotation?

stan wrote:
On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 11:32:30AM -0600, Kent West wrote:

stan wrote:

Is there a version of X available for Debian that supports rotating my LCD
screen into portrait mode?

It depends on your video driver (and I suppose, whether your LCD panel can handle it). For example, if you have an NV driver, you can run "man nv" and search for "rotate" for further info.

OK, the card in teh machine in question is a Radeon.

I see there's no man page for radeon. I did a quick google for "option rotate radeon" and got several returns that look fairly promising, but not having a radeon I didn't bother to do any further research. I'd suggest just trying the option, something like:

Section "Device"
### Available Driver options are:-
# sw_cursor is needed for some ati and radeon cards
#Option "sw_cursor"
#Option "hw_cursor"
#Option "NoAccel"
#Option "ShowCache"
#Option "ShadowFB"
#Option "UseFBDev"
#Option "Rotate"
Identifier "Card0"
# The following line is auto-generated by KNOPPIX mkxf86config
Driver "ati"
VendorName "ati"
BoardName "radeon"
# BusID "PCI:1:0:0"