Configure 2 nics

Hi,

   Firstly, sorry for the english. I`m trying to configure two network
interfaces in Woody in order to do NAT between them. Both have their modules
correctly installed and I want to use eth0 in DHCP and eth1 with static ip
from another subnetwork.
   The problem is that I can only activate one of them at a time (eth0 or
eth1), but not both at the same time. When I modify the archive
/etc/network/interfaces and put at the end of it:
     iface eth1 inet static
       address 192.168.1.1
       netmask 255.255.255.0
       network 192.168.1.0
       broadcast 192.168.1.255
   The eth1 works but not eth0 anymore. Using the package etherconf, after
the configuration, although the command ifconfig -a shows the interface with
their own IPs, I don`t obtain any answer when I ping to an external ip. A
workaround is to use the command ifconfig ... up to eth1, but this must be
done on every boot, so it`s not an elegant solution. How to make the
modification be forever in a way such that both interfaces can work?

   Thanks.

Voce quer um iGMail protegido contra vírus e spams?
Clique aqui: http://www.igmailseguro.ig.com.br
Ofertas imperdíveis! Link: http://www.americanas.com.br/ig/