Updrade Woody to Sarge / IPOPD Errors (unknown Authorization state command)

Hey all,

   I decided that before installing SpamAssassin and ClamAV, I'd upgrade
from Woody to Sarge. That wasn't probably the best idea - but my PC does
boot, and I can get in via telnet, ssh, ftp. Apache and blosxom
(weblogger) are working. Sendmail is also sending and receiving away.

   Unfortunately, ipopd seems hacked up. The PC is listening on the POP3
port. I can "telnet 192.168.1.25 110" and connect. I type in my POP user
name, and get the following error message:

"Trying 192.168.1.25...
Connected to 192.168.1.25.
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK POP3 ManyGriffi v2003.83 server ready
user bruce-lists
-ERR Unknown AUTHORIZATION state command

   Evolution is also broken (as ae OE clients). I tried removing and
reinstalling IPOPD, but that didn't do the trick. How do I check my
security / login settings in IPOPD?

Thanks, Bruce