[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: apt-get question

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 08:14:51PM -0700, Robert Soricone said
> Is it possible to "undo" an upgrade performed by apt-get, i.e. revert to
> your previous state?

The general answer is "downgrades are not supported".  It is often
possible to just install the previous versions of packages with "dpkg"
(look in /var/cache/apt/archives/ for old .debs), but there are no
guarantees.  Installing "apt-listchanges" and "apt-show-bugs" can help
make sure an upgrade is a wise choice before you do it.

Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:  broadside Perl-RSA passwd ICE Project Monarch Clinton sniper

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

Reply to: