Re: Browsers that *don't* support about:blank

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 09:15:31AM -0800, Tom wrote:
> I filed a wishlist bug against "links" asking for it to support
> about:blank (highly useful in frames pages as a default for the "body"
> frame).
>
> Maintainer closed it as a nonstandard feature, but asked me I could
> point to a standard.  Do you know of any significant graphical browsers
> that don't support "about:blank" by returning a blank page?  I know they
> all handle other "about:xxx" commands differently.

He asked you to come up with a standard, so why aren't you looking
for that?  Might be nice to come up with a list of "browsers that do"
and "browsers that don't", but you're still going to need to point to
an RFC to have a convincing argument.  Good on the maintainer for
adhering to standards and not giving in to creaping feeturitus.

--
Ken Irving, Research Analyst, fnkci@uaf.edu, 907-474-6152
Water and Environmental Research Center