Cube -- was Re: Microsoft good press over Longhorn

csj wrote:

I've stumbled upon the free (BSD-style license) shooter Cube
<http://wouter.fov120.com/cube/>.  Have any frag freaks here
tried it?  It seems fast enough for my mediocre video card.  Just
wondering why there isn't a Debian package for it.

Looks interesting, but I can't get it to play. Just turns the screen black for a few seconds and then back to X with this in the terminal window:

nesa[westk]:/usr/local/games/cube> ./cube_unix
init: sdl
init: net
init: world
game mode is ffa/default
init: video: sdl
init: video: mode
init: video: misc
init: gl
WARNING: cannot use overbright lighting, using old lighting model!
init: basetex
init: models
init: cfg
Fatal signal: Floating Point Exception (SDL Parachute Deployed)

--
Kent