Re: Disable a Flat Screen

Raffaele Sandrini wrote:

I'm wondering if there is a method to disable a built in flat screen (on a laptop). I'm thinking of something like dpms. Win32 know a method (i don't kniw how) but when my laptop stands around doing nothing the screen never shuts down in linux mode. Is there a method/tool/XFree86 extension to do so?
"xset dpms force suspend|off" does nothing on my laptop here.

You may also want to try posting this question to debian-laptop.
What brand/model laptop do you have?

I have a Toshiba Satellite 2805, and the screen automagically blanks
after 10 minutes.  I don't ever recall setting a specific option for
this.  It has worked under Xree86 4.1 (in Woody) and 4.2 (in Sid).