Re: Mplayer (again)

Hello

Stefan Seifert (<Steve@e-workstation.de>) wrote:

> I've got again and hope someone could help me with this problem again.
> Thanks a lot for the help!
>
> I want to play some svcd or vcd with mplayer. I put the cdrom in the
> drive mount it. And when i say "play svcd" the mplayer error message
> is: Failed to open vcd
>   Playing vcd://1
>   CD-ROM Device '/dev/cdrom' not found.
>   Failed to open vcd://1
>   Exiting... (End of file)

Mplayer tries to access your cdrom through /dev/cdrom, but it doesn't
exist. Eiter tell mplayer which device file to use, or make a symlink
/dev/cdrom pointing to the real device (/dev/hd? or /dev/scd?,
depending or your configuration and amount of drives).

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--
Andreas Janssen