xterm title and xconsole

Dear all,

I would like to run an xterm window without title-bar on the top of
the window.  I fiddled around for quite a while but have not managed
to arrive at a point that makes sense.  I run

ii  fvwm   2.4.16-2       F(?) Virtual Window Manager, version 2.4
ii  xterm  4.2.1-12.1     X terminal emulator

on unstable.

The second issue I have no clue on how to configure is xconsole.
Explained briefly: I cannot manage to start it properly.  Is there
anything that I need to take care of in particular?  xconsole
complains always "Couldn't open console".

From the man page, I read:
The xconsole program  displays  messages  which  are  usually  sent  to
/dev/console.

uccellina:~!56> ls -l /dev/console
crw-r-----    1 root tty  5,   1 2003-10-29 08:56 /dev/console

Running as user ruf and being a member of the tty-group has not
helped.  What can I do???

Thanks for any help!

wbr,
Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP?  <http://www.rawip.org>   |