Re: Debian MSN clients can't connect

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 04:51:16AM +0000, Pigeon wrote:

> Having installed Debian on a mate's PC, his kids are complaining
> because they can't get onto MSN Messenger...
<SNIP>
> Anybody got any ideas what's going on here / what to check?

Microsoft changed the protocol on Oct 15th I think it was, to something
not backwards-compatible. They're also being deliberately restrictive
(even for MS) with third-party clients, apparently so they can force
users to agree to an EULA for the network itself... or something.

So you need a client version that's come out in the last two weeks.
I found this: http://amsn.sourceforge.net/  which is rumoured to have an
interface much like MS' own client.
I can't vouch for it myself, though, never having used MSN.

	Cheers!
--