Re: Apt holdin back on me

glenn <gdavy@tpg.com.au> writes:

> Hi All
> Apt is holding back quite a few packages from upgrade, when I look into
> these I find that depedencies are broken due to the package being
> 'UNAVAILABLE'. I figured perhaps the specific mirror I've been using
> just didn't have the package, so now I use a few mirrors, but I still
> have the same problem.
> Here's an example. I can't upgrade AMSN as it is dependent on tcltls,
> which is unavailable.

This is a good thing. You are using unstable (I guess), and want to
install some package that (at the moment) is broken, and apt doesn't let
you install it (and break your system).

> Is there somewhere I can point my sources list to find these unavailable
> packages?

Wait a few days, until the missing packages enter the archives.

Hope this helps,

Jaume

--
Please answer to the group/list. Don't CC me.