Re: Problem with sed, Exec format error.

bojan@blis.dyndns.org (Bojan Baros) writes:

> I was wondering if anyone could give me a hand.  I think it might have
> with the fact that it is a 64 bit, while everything else in the /bin is
> 32 bit.  I did not explicitly ask for any 64 bit installation with the
> apt-get, so I am unsure where the problem is.

A simple solution would be to download the correct sed package and use
dpkg to install it:
dpkg -i sed-package-name.deb

If that fails then extract the files from the package and copy the
file sed to /bin/sed:
dpkg -x sed-package-name ./
cp ./bin/sed /bin/

Hope that helps,