Re: emacs: adding default minor modes?

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 08:30:57PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> What's the easiest way for a non-LISPer to add ispell-minor-mode to be
> one of the default minor modes in emacs?

I assume that you are referring to flyspell mode which is the mode where
spelling mistakes are highlighted in red as you type. I also assume that
you want this for text files and not C code. In that case you would use
the following code:

(add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'flyspell-mode)

Basically text-mode-hook is a list of functions to run when you go into
text mode (this happens when you open a text file). The above line adds
the function flyspell-mode to this list. flyspell-mode is the function
that turns on spell checking.

Hope that helps,
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com>