Re: Filesystem problem -REVISED

Hello

Vivek Kumar (<vivek@gorave.net>) wrote:

> This is regard to my earlier mail that i cannot mount the /dev/hdd1. I
> choose (based on old system) to be reiserfs type filesystem. And at
> the boot time it says cannot file reiserfs module.
> How can I add reiserfs module and mount my disk.

You installed using the default installation kernel (2.2.20idepci?)
which has no reiserfs support. Install kernel-image-2.2.20-reiserfs or
some 2.4.18-image like 2.4.18-bf2.4 (2.4 installation kernel) or
2.4.18-$arch (e.g. 2.4.18-k7 it you use an AMD Athlon system). Note
that the kernel images from the Woody have some security issues, try to
get those from security.debian.org. The fixed 2.4.18 kernel images
except the bf kernel have changed the name because the new images are
incompatible to modules compiled for the old ones (e.g install
2.4.18-1-k7 instead of 2.4.18-k7).

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--