Re: classic deficiancy in both windows and linux ?

Paul Johnson wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 06:08:00PM -0400, James D. Freels wrote:
> > Can you figure out a way to get a listing of a directory (folder in
> > Windows) and print it, without resorting to command prompt ?
>
> Why would you want to do this, when the command prompt is exactly what
> you're looking for in this case?

Presumably because he normally uses a GUI file manager (Konqueror or
some equivalent) and it would be convenient, if one already had a window
open on some directory, to simply select "Print" from the menu to get a
hardcopy of the directory listing, in the same format as it appears on
the screen. Essentially, he's suggesting that a view of a directory in a
GUI file manager should be considered a "document" that can be printed,
just as one can print a web page from a browser or a text file from an
editor. This seems perfectly sensible to me; I've never understood why
file managers don't provide this functionality.

Craig