Xfig not working with KDE in sarge

Dear all,

I am using debian sarge with the latest updates (as of yesterday), and
have recently
attempted to use Xfig 3.2 patchlevel 4. I have found that in KDE, which
I normally
use at the moment, the Xfig window freezes as soon as I try to use its
menu and
I cannot close it, although I can move the mouse around. I have to kill
it.

If I try switching to Gnome, then Xfig appears to run as it should
(although I
have not subjected it to a lot of testing).

>From KDE, if I try running xfig from the command line, then I get
warning messages, the first being:

Actions not found: PlaceMenu xMenuPopup

Does anyone know what the cause is? Has anyone else had the problem?

Yours,
Roger

Roger Young,
Philosophy Department, University of Dundee, Dundee, DD1 4HN
r.a.young@dundee.ac.uk