Re: k3b and cdrecord/cdrdao problem

Martin Wegmann wrote:
Hello, I installed k3b 0.9-4 and all dependencies seemed to be ok. setting up k3b works fine as well, it recognized my writer and cdredord and cdrdao but when starting k3b i get the error message:

Unable to find cdrecord executable
<snip>

You need to actually have permissions to run the cdrecord binary. I remember that if you run "K3B-Setup" (its different from the normal k3b, the executable is k3bsetup IIRC); k3b asks which users it should set up with the correct permissions.

Remember that you have to run k3bsetup as root for this to work...

[Or this could just be that you did all of this and still don't have permissions. Then you could a) manually change the permissions and groups or b) burn cds as root]

--
Harshwardhan Nagaonkar
Electrical Engineering Sysop