Re: More on spam

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 19:58:16 -0400,
Bill Marcum <bmarcum@iglou.com> wrote in message
<[🔎] 20031021235816.GA7724@iglou.com>:

> On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 06:56:59AM +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> >
> > ..Swen is no different than 9/11.  So, next time someone points a
> > gun your way, you do not want the police doing _anything_ about it?
> >
> How many people have been killed by swen?  Should the US shut down all
> internet traffic like they closed all the airports after 9/11?

..your analogy suggests all traffic was closed after the WTC fell.
Not true, travellers were diverted to ground bound transportation.

..a better analogy would be "ban all use of wintendo on internet".  ;-)

..I dunno how many has been killed by swen.  The stats on downtime and
costs on wintendos in the US, suggests we have 4 9/11 a year worldwide,
comparing with the insurance stats of the one in 2001,  but I would
think the loss of human life is less, except possibly from the indirect
ramifications.  Evaluating this would require a lot of analysis work,
which I don't quite see Microsoft sponsoring.  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: