Re: Search feature in PDF files

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 10:27:14PM -0400, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> Are there any Free Software PDF viewers that have the ability to search
> and copy/paste text and graphics?  I ask because I find that sometimes
> I have to use acroread (non-free, of course) becuase I have a large PDF
> file and I need to search for a string, or copy a long selection of
> text.  I would prefer to not use the non-free app, but I have come to
> rely on the search and copy functions.  Are there any alternatives?
>
> I have already looked at gv, ggv, and gpdf, but it's not there in any
> of those.  What does everyone else use?
>
> -Roberto

For a simple string search, the button with the binoculars in xpdf
will do the trick. Copying is limited to text using the X selection
buffer (Hilight a section and paste with the middle mouse button).
AFAIK xpdf doesn't handle image copying.

HTH

dt

--
Dave Thayer           | WARNING: Persons denying the existence of
Denver, Colorado USA  | robots may be robots themselves.