Re: Eclipse installation: j2re1.4 has no installation candidate (Debian SID)

ananymous wrote:

Hi!
I tried to install eclipse on my Debian SID box using:

apt-get install eclipse-sdk aclipse-jdk eclipse-platform

apt-get said that eclipse-platform depends on j2re1.4 or j2re1.3 or java2-runtime but these packages are not available.
How can I install eclipse?
And is there a deb package for Sun's jdk?
Thank you in advance!

Try adding this line to your /etc/apt/sources.list  file 8-)

deb ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/linux/devel/lang/java/blackdown.org/debian unstable non-free main

--
John Foster
AdVance-Computing Systems